tiny umbrella - " this device not connected" ?!?

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
my iphone 4 is jailbroken and i actually saved my shsh blobs for 4.1 before i jailbroke my iphone 4! so today i downloaded the new tiny umbrella and i also kept the old one, and connected my iphone just to make sure my blobs were saved on tiny umbrella! which like i expected they were, but for some strange reason, tiny umbrella won't read my device! everytime i connect my iphone 4, it states that no device is connected! is there anything that i can do to remedy this problem? any help would greatly be appreciated! thanks in advance!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Make sure you run it as administrator and try a different USB port. Also make sure your phone is on and not in recovery mode.

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
Make sure you run it as administrator and try a different USB port. Also make sure your phone is on and not in recovery mode.

appreciate the response, but i'm running it as administrator and i've also tried different usb ports. and yes my iphone is on and not in recovery mode! do you think because i have tiny umbrella 4.1.6 and tiny umbrella 4.1.13 both intstalled that that may be casuing me my problem?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
appreciate the response, but i'm running it as administrator and i've also tried different usb ports. and yes my iphone is on and not in recovery mode! do you think because i have tiny umbrella 4.1.6 and tiny umbrella 4.1.13 both intstalled that that may be casuing me my problem?

You dont really install them as they basically are stand alone executable programs. As long as you arent running them simultaneously that shouldnt have any barring. Try restarting your computer.

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
You dont really install them as they basically are stand alone executable programs. As long as you arent running them simultaneously that shouldnt have any barring. Try restarting your computer.

i figured out the problem! i tried connecting to itunes to see if it would read my phone and it wouldn't! it keep saying "mobileme is not starting" or something along those lines! i had to manually go into "Mycomputer", right click it, go under "manage". then under "services and applications", then under "services", and then find "apple mobile device" and start it! but now my question is, "what caused this to happen?"

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
i figured out the problem! i tried connecting to itunes to see if it would read my phone and it wouldn't! it keep saying "mobileme is not starting" or something along those lines! i had to manually go into "Mycomputer", right click it, go under "manage". then under "services and applications", then under "services", and then find "apple mobile device" and start it! but now my question is, "what caused this to happen?"

Very very strange that it got turned off... My guess is an iTunes error.

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
Very very strange that it got turned off... My guess is an iTunes error.

ok it has did it again! do you think it it itunes causing this or it's an issue on my computer! this is the first time that this has ever happened! i haven't updated to 4.2, and i don't plan to until an official jailbreak comes out, so i can't contribute that as an issue! it's weird, but at least when it happens, i know how to fix it! now i just wish i could figure out why it is happening!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
ok it has did it again! do you think it it itunes causing this or it's an issue on my computer! this is the first time that this has ever happened! i haven't updated to 4.2, and i don't plan to until an official jailbreak comes out, so i can't contribute that as an issue! it's weird, but at least when it happens, i know how to fix it! now i just wish i could figure out why it is happening!

Are you running 10.1 beta? Try reinstalling iTunes over itself.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77