Bytafont (My Opinion)

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
So I downloaded Bytafont, the long overdue replacement to fontswap, with its annoying dependencies (Basically forces you get iFile) and gave it a try.

I have a few gripes right off the bat. Bytafont doesnt give users a way to manually add fonts without downloading individually. A bit annoying. Also it doesnt allow for you to delete fonts you dont want without doing so through Cydia. My main gripe however is that this early addition only skins ALL fonts at once, which I never do. Notepad, system, lockscreen everything... No thanks.

Until a version is released with a bit more customization I will use iFile to override my system fonts only. A process that is really easy anyway...

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that is a major misstep?I can't imagine many users want to replace everything with the same font.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Its finally been updated. Now its a quality app :) Runs nicely, offers lots of fonts and you can individually replace the fonts.

My only complaint now is font management. I want to be able to add and delete fonts through the app, not just through cydia.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the info. I've just installed Bytafont (never used Fontswap before either) and I'm having a problem. I don't have any lowercase letters on my keyboard anymore. I've install the Original iOS fonts and tried to switch back, and switch to other fonts, but still no lower case letters in the keyboard. Lowercase letters appear when I type and appear in many app, but the keyboard letters do not change when the shift/un-shift key is pressed. Is this normal? Thanks.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Hey, thanks for the info. I've just installed Bytafont (never used Fontswap before either) and I'm having a problem. I don't have any lowercase letters on my keyboard anymore. I've install the Original iOS fonts and tried to switch back, and switch to other fonts, but still no lower case letters in the keyboard. Lowercase letters appear when I type and appear in many app, but the keyboard letters do not change when the shift/un-shift key is pressed. Is this normal? Thanks.

What firmware are you on? Bytafont isn't fully compatible with 4.2.1 yet.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
iPhone 4 with 4.1. Probably won't go to 4.2 until the jailbreak easier. So donyou have lower case letters on the keyboard?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
iPhone 4 with 4.1. Probably won't go to 4.2 until the jailbreak easier. So donyou have lower case letters on the keyboard?

Yes, my lowercase is fine... Make sure you have Original 4.1 installed not 4.0.x and make sure your keyboard dont is set as default or original.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Bytafont has been upgraded and is now 4.2.1 compatible. Make sure you download the 4.2.1 original font pack as well.

Capnjackk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
My only gripe I had with fonswap was when it came to compose a message. The flashing line was off centered before typing a letter and would center itself after input was received. Is it still off centered with bytafont?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2