Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

10 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Lightbulb "Simple Background" Quarter screen Fix

So many of you may have heard of Parralax, the panoramic wallpaper app, and in the comments you probably read something like:

"Just get Simple Background it's the same thing but free!"

While it works up until you reboot the device, once you do, you'll be going through hell to fix it as the screen is reduced to 1/4th of the size and the touch screen is only responsive in that area, but at the normal size (if that makes sense).

If you already have, like I unfortunately did, and have been searching through bullcrap forums full of nothing; here's your solution.

1)SSH into your phone (not gonna explain it, plenty of tutorials on here)
    2)Go into the /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries folder
    3)Delete both the SimpleBackground.whatever files
    4)Disconnect and reboot your phone.

Hope this helps some people out, as I was literally searching for an hour and a half for an answer!
    iMore Intermediate

199 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I was looking for a free app to do this so thank you for the post. I just installed it and restarted it and it works fine for me.
    Note the dev said it won't work well with winterboard.
    iMore Newbie

44 Posts

This happened to me as well, when trying out Simple Background. I was able to re-boot into safe mode, then re-spring to normal mode and then remove it.