A few questions about updating
Hi Everyone,,,, I'm new here and have a few questions.
I have a 32gb iPhone 4 (running 4.0.1) and had it jailbroken since I've had it.
I know I can't upgrade to 4.2 until new JB is out but is there anyway to upgrade to 4.1 and re-JB? Or is JB only for 3G & 3Gs phones? I did the whole backup save thru Cydia too.
The reason I ask is cuz my hubby just got the newest iPod Touch (not JB, running 4.1) & it says we can't FaceTime because my iPhone needs to be updated :-(
Is there anyway to get past this without me updating??
Thanks in advance! Seems like a great forum (I'm using Tapatalk)
- 11-16-2010, 04:14 PM #2
Yeah in Cydia it says
SHSH: iOS 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2b3
But I would have to find 4.1 to upgrade to.
I thought 4.1 couldn't be jailbroken though? What would I use to jailbreak it on my iPhone 4?
And can I jailbreak the iPod Touch 4 that came with 4.1? Would it use a different method?
Thanx so much for help!
- 11-16-2010, 05:05 PM #4
You can jailbreak both devices. I suggest you use greenpois0n.
Note: If you need to unlock, then use TU posted above. If not, use this method:
1. Backup your device on iTunes.
2. Go into Cydia and Write down or take screen shots of all your installed packages.
*You may use a aptbackup utility for this, although I choose to do it manually.
3. Copying Your theme folder if you have customized your themes via SSH
4. Restore to a fresh iOS version using Shift (Option) + Restore on iTunes
5. Allow your device to fully activate
6. Restore settings from backup (optional, can be done after jailbreak as well)
7. Jailbreak your device
8. Sync your device
9. Open Cydia and download all your packages again
10. Copy back any saved files via SSH