Any way to manually back up saves?

PwnCakes193

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Since I like to do clean restores when a new OS comes out, I lose all my game saves. Is there any way to manually back them up?

I posted this in the Jailbreak forums because i thought it might use a jailbreak app

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I haven't tested, or even researched this, but I've been thinking about the same thing. And I've come up with sshing into my phone and physically copying the install folder. Restore, re-jailbreak, install the game and then deposit the old data into the new game folder.

Might also be able to restore as a new phone and then right click on the iPhone under the device section on iTunes and I believe there is a restore from back up option. However I am not familiar with what it will install or the process it takes.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
There's a JB app for that. AppBackup, not to be confused with AptBackup, but you will probably want both. Apt keeps a list of all your JB apps and will re install them when you update your OS or whatever. AppBackup will copy any saved settings etc. from your app store apps. I used it when I updated to 4.1 and it kept my angry bird saves etc.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Since I like to do clean restores when a new OS comes out, I lose all my game saves. Is there any way to manually back them up?

I posted this in the Jailbreak forums because i thought it might use a jailbreak app

What you need is Chronus. I believe it is a free app on the AppStore.

It allows individual backup of Photo libraries, SMS database, voice mails, app save data (not sure if it include filesharing files, but it DOES include game saves). You can then email these saves to yourself. They are also saved locally on the phone and can be accessed via SSH/SFTP.

If you pay for Chronus you gain the ability to make multiple backups (so make a monthly save that you could at some point go back to).

This is what I use to keep my Plants VS Zombies and FieldRunner saves.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711