Can i unlock my 3GS?

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3GS on software 4.1. It has been jailbroken on 4.0 and I recently updated. I have not jailbroken it yet but I want to know which new jailbreak, limerain or greenposion, is better. And also if there is the possibility to unlock my iPhone. Thanks for the help.

ginnz

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
mine is on 4.1 as well, with baseband 05.14.02, i used limera1n and it worked great to JB it, but if its the new bootrom, it cant be unlocked yet.... their saying a couple days after apple releases 4.2, there should be an unlock.... we'll have to wait till then.

good luck.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
mine is on 4.1 as well, with baseband 05.14.02, i used limera1n and it worked great to JB it, but if its the new bootrom, it cant be unlocked yet.... their saying a couple days after apple releases 4.2, there should be an unlock.... we'll have to wait till then.

good luck.

On 3GS, in old days, old vs new bootrom only deals with whether your JB was untethered or tethered. Doesn't really matter with the recent JB methods.

If you are talking about the 3G iPhone, then it makes a difference if you have few first phones with 5.08 bootloader. That has an exploit were you can downgrade the baseband with Fuzzyband. Apple fix that exploit with later 3G and newer devices.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So does this mean I can unlock my 3GS right now or do I have to wait for 4.2 ?

Your Baseband is now 5.14. You will have to wait for new unlock that supports that Baseband. Rumor is that one will come out once firmware 4.2 is officially release. Whether that's true or not, we have to wait and see.

ginnz

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Your Baseband is now 5.14. You will have to wait for new unlock that supports that Baseband. Rumor is that one will come out once firmware 4.2 is officially release. Whether that's true or not, we have to wait and see.

yeah, thats pretty much what i posted... ;-)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro