Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

219 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Default Force program to use wifi?

I have seen programs such as My3G and 3G Unrestricted, which we all know what they do, but what I need is a program that does the opposite.

There's a few programs my provider offers, such as "On Demand" TV Viewing, but they require you to use 3G to stream data. Its a massive data hog, at 15MB a minute, which can add up when watching a hockey game or something.

Is there a program that forces such programs, to use the available wifi connection?
    TiPb Forum Staff

700 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

not a JB expert but as far as im aware and have heard and seen there isn't anything that would do this.

what carrier are you on? never heard of a 3g only application
    iPhone Beginner

64 Posts

My suggestion is to keep 3g and E off, unless you need to use it. You can turn them off in SETTINGS ,or if you are JB'd you can use SBToggles to turn them off and on as you need them from the springboard drop down menu in SBToggles. SBSchedule can be set up to turn them on and off on a schedule or by setting up a profile for different things you do. Most programs will use WiFi first, if it has a strong enough signal.