How Do I Get My Jailbroken Apps Back?

treouserinla2

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I can't find the answer.

I just upgraded my previously jailbroken iPhone 3G to 4.1 via Pwnage and have successfully unlocked it again via ultrasn0w. But, I can't find any of my old jailbroken apps.

Do I have to download each one individually again? Or, is there a way to restore them via something in Cydia/Rock?

Thanks!!

FYI - Just in case it matters, here are my details: jailbroken iPhone 3G running 4.1, previously jailbroken via Pwnage running 3.1.2, baseband is 04.26.08, running on T-Mobile USA.

(I did a "restore from backup" on my first sync with iTunes after I jailbroke to 4.1.)

(The apps I'm trying to get back are Flashlight, SB Settings, iRealSMS (yes, I bought it), Intelliscreen (yes, I bought it), and a bunch of others I can't remember.)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you didn't back them up using one of the jb backup apps, you'll have to re-install one at a time.

treouserinla2

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Alli!

What bj backup apps are there? I thought I did that when I registered with Rock. But, now that Rock is gone, is there a way to do that?

merceken

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I am unable to restore 2 of my purchased licences i.e CallClear and iProtect since restore.I've sent numerous emails to the author;Daniel.......,Saurik etc. without any of them bothering to reply.
I don't think Saurik's takeover of Rock is beneficial to us consumers.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Alli!

What bj backup apps are there? I thought I did that when I registered with Rock. But, now that Rock is gone, is there a way to do that?

Look in Cydia for backup, there are a few. Some people have had great luck with one or another - I've had lousy luck with them, so I just keep a list and re-install as new when necessary.

merceken said:
I am unable to restore 2 of my purchased licences i.e CallClear and iProtect since restore.I've sent numerous emails to the author;Daniel.......,Saurik etc. without any of them bothering to reply.
I don't think Saurik's takeover of Rock is beneficial to us consumers.

I know they're working on those. The first app I ever purchased on Cydia is gone to me cause the devs are lazy (and I refuse to buy it again). Saurik is too busy to answer emails about purchases, and some of the devs just don't want to be bothered.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Look in Cydia for backup, there are a few. Some people have had great luck with one or another - I've had lousy luck with them, so I just keep a list and re-install as new when necessary.

This is exactly what I do. I keep a running list in my Dropbox and can update it from my iPhone/iPad. It also helps me weed out the JB apps I don't use to get rid of during the next rebuild.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
APTBackup FTW!!

I've had the most success with APTBackup. I say the most success, but really none of the are 100% reliable. With APTBackup, you have to run the back up manually EACH TIME you want to restore, so it doesn't do very well with crashes and it will ONLY do one restore from a back up, so if you do the backup, restore and re-jailbreak, then run the APT restore, if you have a problem and need to restore again, there won't be any JB backup to restore from. (I'm living this right now) But it is free so you get what you pay for.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Before I restore new firmware, I take screen shots of my packages list and manually install about 5 at a time after re-jailbreaking using cydia's queue method. Its a bit tedious but gives me more control and oversight...

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Before I restore new firmware, I take screen shots of my packages list and manually install about 5 at a time after re-jailbreaking using cydia's queue method. Its a bit tedious but gives me more control and oversight...

actually, install one at a time, that way if you do start crashing after a respring you will at least know what one caused it.