Post Limera1n JB issues (4.1)

FisFis

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I've successfully jailbroken and unlocked my iPhone 4 and everything so far seems to be running smoothly, except for one issue (so far),

It seems I'm unable to click on embedded video links when I'm browsing the blogs on the iPhone, this problem did not exist for me before this update and JB. I'm not even sure if this is related to the JB or not.
If you know how to fix this please do tell.

Also, if anyone is experiencing new problems after jailbreaking, please post here. Unless there's already a thread for that, in that case just excuse my laziness.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I did post in another thread about the battery drainage happening rather quickly. I also noticed when using cydia that my phone on the right hand side was getting hot. Neve had that issue. If it continues and is unbearable I'll just restore and try to use greenpoison.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
On Limera1n I was able to send MMS of regular pictures but not of screenshots for whatever random reason. I switched to Greenpois0n and now am able to send screenshots. I also think Limera1n made the phone boot slower and not perform as well compared to Greenpois0n but it could just be me also haha.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Just tested with DisplayOut. Worked perfectly for me...

Also, turned off DisplayOut and used Stream2Me. That worked perfectly too...

I used Apple Branded VGA out dongle and just a generic VGA cable which I hooked up to a 52" Samsung LCD.

Last edited:

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I used Limera1n and haven't had any problems except a lil battery drainage. But that's expected with this right?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I used Limera1n and haven't had any problems except a lil battery drainage. But that's expected with this right?

No, you shouldnt have any battery drainage. It might however just be because you use your phone more since its JB... :)

clc3251

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Just tested with DisplayOut. Worked perfectly for me...

Also, turned off DisplayOut and used Stream2Me. That worked perfectly too...

I used Apple Branded VGA out dongle and just a generic VGA cable which I hooked up to a 52" Samsung LCD.

Hmmmmm maybe it's a 3GS only issue. I have seen other reports from 3GS owners with the same problem.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Hmmmmm maybe it's a 3GS only issue. I have seen other reports from 3GS owners with the same problem.

I recently sold my 3GS so I cant test it to see what the problem is...

It works exceptionally well on my iPhone 4 though... DisplayOut is a fantastic tweak. I can hook my iPhone up to my TV and use my wiimote to play super Nintendo comfortably from my couch :)

FisFis

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Embedded video problem fixed :)

I used "Push Fix" from Cydia, and it fixed my problem with viewing embedded videos.

Now it seems that all is well here, I can't honestly tell if the battery is draining quicker or not.
if anyone has the problem I did have, here's how I fixed it.

youtube.com/watch?v=mx5yVC_FEn4 (sorry, couldn't post link normally)

FisFis

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
i just updated to 4.1. so, judging by the posts Greenpois0n > Limera1n ?

I don't think Limera1n is so bad, I haven't tried Greenpois0n, but, I had one problem with Limera1n and I solved it, and so far it's all good.

As for the battery, I'm a heavy user and I'm always near a charger. If there were drainage, I couldn't have noticed.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Battery drainage was the main problem for me. After charging it 100% it was down to 52% after an hour and a half with a 10 minute phone conversation and using the Farmville app for about 3-5 minutes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner