Jailbreak Question about saving purchased Cydia apps

roscoboy272

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have an IP4 and have Jailbroken my phone with Limera1n. I have gotten some great apps like MyWi and My3G, etc. How do I save them? What is in place to make sure I don't have to pay the $19.99 again if I have to restore my phone - or if I get a new phone, or something of the sort. Syncing with iTunes doens't save Cydia apps. How do you save these type apps?

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How to Backup Cydia Apps, Jailbroken Apps

ipodtouch064.png

* Open Up Cydia
* Search AptBackup, Install ?> Confirm ( its in big boss Cydia Repo)
* Exit Cydia, Run AptBackup
* Click on Backup
* Sync your iPhone/iPod Touch with iTunes
* List of Cydia Apps will be backed up in iTunes, however it will not save any app settings

backupcydiaapps.jpg

How to Restore Cydia Apps, Jailbroken Apps

1. After restoring/upgrading/jailbreaking your iPod Touch/iPhone
2. Install AptBackup again and this time use the Restore function
3. The app will reinstall the Cydia apps packages in one step

Source

Reactions: clg82

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have purchased Cydia apps recently and had to restore a few times. Every time I log back into Cydia after re-jailbreaking when I go to an app I have paid for it says I have purchased it and allows me to install it again at no cost.

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Just like apple does on the app store Cydia saves your purchases and you can re-download them anytime you like.

swingracex#IM

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
ugh...tried this and it crashes right as it starts...sadness...it worked several days ago...and i dont think i added anything more...

EDIT: tried reinstalling...no dice

thunderkeys

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get a list of apps that you purchased? Email the list or something?

Check out the 'How to Backup your Cydia Apps' on iphonedownloadblog dot com, posted on 11/24/2010 - this will give you the full list of installed JB apps - some stuff is automatically included with Cydia as dependencies, but usually the purchased stuff is easily visible. You can also do 'dpkg -l' to get the list of apps with descriptions and versions too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods