Help upgrading jailbroken 4.0 to 4.1

robwob

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I first jailbroke my phone using jailbreakme.com a few months ago. Now that the jailbreak for 4.1 is out, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on how to properly upgrade my firmware and rejailbreak.

I assume I just update the firmware through iTunes and then use either limera1n or greenp0ison to jailbreak.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm no expert on this but I'll throw my two cents in the ring.

Based on my own experience and what I've read here and on the net, seems the best thing to do is backup all your data and then do the "restore as new" option. Be sure that you do not sync anything prior to the jailbreak.

I personally could not get Limera1n to work on my four day old iP4 but it had already been synced with all my old apps, data, and media. I did a restore as new then tried Greenpois0n and got what so far appears to be a good jailbreak.

As always, YMMV.

Keith

audicy

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Same hear. I have a 3Gs with 4.0 JB with JBme. I understand that I should backup first, but if the JB process fails and I do a restore...Will it restore to my current JB state?

zagman76

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I first jailbroke my phone using jailbreakme.com a few months ago. Now that the jailbreak for 4.1 is out, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on how to properly upgrade my firmware and rejailbreak.

I assume I just update the firmware through iTunes and then use either limera1n or greenp0ison to jailbreak.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!

That is what I've been wondering as well. Does anyone know if this the the proper method?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
That is what I've been wondering as well. Does anyone know if this the the proper method?

- If you dont care about Unlocking then yes, you restore to 4.1 with iTunes and then jailbreak using Limera1n or Greenpois0n. (I recommend GP)

- If you care about Unlock:
- - 3GS, you must wait until pwnagetool comes out with custome firmware
- - iPhone4, you must use TinyUmbrella to keep your BB firmware at 01.59.00

Carlm

Oct 13, 2009
www.howtojailbreak.info
As others said, if you're relying on the Ultrasn0w unlock then you need to use TinyUmbrella to preserve your baseband and then jailbreak 4.1. If you're not unlocking the phone then go ahead and follow this tutorial for limera1n, it's simple.

You should probably restore your phone to 4.1 before starting the jailbreak. Make sure everything is backed up in iTunes.

IPhone 4 | How to Jailbreak