help with backing up

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey i have my Iphone jailbroken and everyone says i should/need to back up all my info so that if i accidentily update when i rejailbreak my stuff will still be there... what do i use
does anyone have the link?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey i have my Iphone jailbroken and everyone says i should/need to back up all my info so that if i accidentily update when i rejailbreak my stuff will still be there... what do i use
does anyone have the link?

Aptbackup in Cydia has always worked for me in the past. (anyone 100% if this has been updated to work with iOS4?)

Download Aptbackup from Cydia, run it, click backup. Then sync your phone with iTunes. Upgrade, reinstall aptbackup, this time choose restore in aptbackup and your stuff should come back over.

dwg

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
aptbackup allows restoring a list of apps

appbackup from Cydia allows backing up/restoring App settings. I have tested the backup but not the restore at this point. :)

I also wanted to reopen this question as it pertains to other areas of backup concern, which to me can be important and often overlooked.

If anyone has tips/tricks or other suggestions about important things to backup please tell.

Pictures/Videos - I'll just be using Windows to synchronize before I upgrade.

Call History - I believe this backs up with iTunes, but won't it be lost as I have to restore phone to jailbreak?

SMS/MMS - Again, backs up with iTunes, right? But how to get this if a restore is necessary. I suspect this could be done through a manual method, such as backing up sms.db at /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS and moving it back after the upgrade. Probably not so easy when changing IOS versions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR