HELP! 4.1 jailbreak kills tv out?

clc3251

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Updated to 4.1 jailbroke with limera1n and now tv out doesn't work on my ipod ready clock radio or with the machines at the gym.(teadmill, etc) Restored and tried greenpois0n. Same problem. The only jailbreak program I have is Mywi. Restore to 4.1 and remove jailbreak and tv out works again. Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes? I need my jailbreak for Mywi.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing you're on an iPhone since you use MyWi but which iPhone?

I've got an iP4 jb'd with greenpois0n. I'll check this after I get home tonight and let you know.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Concerned too I use TV Out also. But I guess it is expected to have some cydia apps not working just days after the jailbreak.

incredulous

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Same issue: ipt3g iOS4.1 greenpois0n jb

I have the same issue. I have the genuine Apple component cable, worked perfectly on iOS 4.0 (spirit jb).

Now my ipt3g 64GB on iOS4.1 with greenpois0n jb, no signal sent to TV via the authorized component cable.:confused:

Any ideas?

incredulous

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Dino451 @ macrumors says:

Dino451 @ macrumors says: Oct 1, 2010, 09:05 PM
"I had the same problem upgrading to ios 4.1 and jail breaking on my 2G iPod touch. I have a non-apple cable that works fine on ios 4.0 and jail broken. I upgraded to ios 4.1 and to my surprise my cable did not output to my TV with 4.1/jailbroken. I did many tests and found out that the problem is Cydia/using snow breeze 2.0. I tested a fresh install of 4.1 and it worked fine. I tested it with my backup restored, it worked fine. I tested it with 4.1 jailbroken/restored from backup with Cydia installed but not configured for the first time, it worked fine. After the first time Cydia configures itself for the first time, tv out is disabled. I did this twice to make sure, starting cydia for the first time disabled tv out. I have reluctantly downgraded to 4.0 just for tv out because I use it more than I thought. waiting for another jailbreak(PC) to upgrade and get the features I want. I also tried those cydia apps with 4.1 and nothing worked"

It sounds like an update to jailbreak/cydia install or config could fix this. If anyone hears of a solution please post here. I used greenpois0n rc3.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 but it is on 4.1 jailbroken with greenpoison. I use resupported4 which has a free trial and display out. It works perfectly. I bought a cheap 99 cent cord on ebay and it has the red white and yellow output and I put the tv on video. Works great. It mirrors everything on your phone slingbox, netflix, games,web, everything. :p

Last edited:

clc3251

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 but it is on 4.1 jailbroken with greenpoison. I use resupported4 which has a free trial and display out. It works perfectly. I bought a cheap 99 cent cord on ebay and it has the red white and yellow output and I put the tv on video. Works great. It mirrors everything on your phone slingbox, netflix, games,web, everything. :p

It doesn't work. In the description it says you need display out for it to work. It appears to enable non-standard cables only. Doesn't provide video out by itself. Either way it doesn't work. For the record, LandscapeTVout doesn't work either. This sucks!

coligecolige

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Outputting iphone to tv

Hi there. I have an iphone 3g running on 4.1 firmware. Ive bought a third party composite cable and have jailbroken using redsnow. I have bought and installed resupported4, and also tvout2mirror, but i still get nothing. Before i jailbroke i could plug my iphone into my tv and get audio but no video, but now i get absolutley nothing, and whenever i plug my cable into my iphone, most of my apps wont open (settings, ipod). Is there a solution to this? Is it worth downgrading my iphone? Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just tried my TVout2 on 4.1 to see if worked. And all is well. I downloaded on my first day JB on 4.1 too and it was fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative