Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

Default Limera1n Battery Issue?

I know this always comes up but my phone was fully charged and I took it off charger at 1030am. By 254 pm my battery is at 44% and Ive only played a game for maybe 20 minutes and sent a few emails nothing big. I'm wondering if this JB is having battery issues with everyone or if I am just paranoid? I am about to restore and wait for Greenpois0n.

 iPhone 5S - 64GB Space Grey
     iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
     MacBook Pro - 250GB Aluminum Unibody
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

i have noticed it also. probably using about 20-25% more since jailbreaking on saturday...
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

I just charged it fully and with 1 hr 36 min of usage with 4 hours and 16 minutes in standby I'm down to 77% battery.

This is garbage battery life. Not thinking I'll be keeping this. Might just restore and wait for Greenpois0n and see how that works out.

I tend to think it's not the JB but something that was installed with an app I downloaded. I'm going to have to investigate.

 iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

13 more min. go by and I dropped 4% battery life. Restoring tomorrow.

 iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
    iPhone Newbie

I've noticed a pretty fast battery drain also. Went to bed last night at 11:00, this morning at 7:00 it had dropped 12%, and that's being off all night. No push or bluetooth on either.
    iPhone Intermediate

Hmm idk guys i jailbroke my Iphone 4 but my battery isnt dying out super quick, or maybe i just havent noticed. Even before the jailbreak the games are killer, but yeah lasted me all day yesterday from 8am to 4pm. Which doesnt sound like much but i was able to watch a full movie, 4 hours of music playing, texting, emailing, and Facebook.
    But i do have the app sbsettings and im always adjusting my brightness, turning off 3g when not necessary, wifi when not at home etc to make the battery last longer.
    Usual convo between my old pc and blackberry
    iWas replaced by a Mac... yeah iWas replaced by an Iphone.
    Think he'll be back? ... not a chance.

Global Posts
    3,498 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I am also seeing a battery draw that is more than before however not unusual, I normally see reduced battery life with my iPhones after jailbreak.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

I ended up restoring and ill try Greenpois0n.

 iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
    iPhone Newbie

I haven't noticed any dramatic difference with lime. I too generally notice a small decrease in battery life with any jailbreak though.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

To me it seems to drop off quicker. I used to think that percentage was good to see, now it is like watching grass grow and I am always looking at the guage. I am swithing % off and will just use the phone until it turns red and needs recharge.
    iPhone Newbie

My usage in settings doesn't display since I jailbroke. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?
    iPhone Newbie

Actually, found an answer in another post - says it will correct itself after a full charge. I had a full charge today, but have done a respring, so I'll try again tonight.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyaaa50 View Post
    To me it seems to drop off quicker. I used to think that percentage was good to see, now it is like watching grass grow and I am always looking at the guage. I am swithing % off and will just use the phone until it turns red and needs recharge.
    I'm the same way. If I have % on I constantly will stare at it so see how much I've used haha so I tend to keep it off also.

 iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
    TiPb Jailbreak Genius

Im on Greenpois0n and the battery life is excellent... Gave it a full charge and its been great afterwards...
    -iPhone4 iOS 4.1 (Greenpois0n Jailbreak)
    -iPad iOS 4.2.1 (Redsn0w Jailbreak [Tethered])
    -AppleTV 4.2 (SHSH Saved)

iPhone Newbie

Farbod - does how well a jailbreak is written affect things like battery usage, memory leaks, etc? If that's the case, I'll be using the Greenpois0n as well I suspect!

Thanks!
    TiPb Jailbreak Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jtrevill View Post
    Farbod - does how well a jailbreak is written affect things like battery usage, memory leaks, etc? If that's the case, I'll be using the Greenpois0n as well I suspect!

Thanks!
    I'm sure limera1n final is just as good. I just support the guys at chronic. Also make sure u get a nice full charge to recalibrate the battery meter.

Thanked by:
    jtrevill (10-12-2010)
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

I've noticed the same as the OP with Limera1n, the battery seems to drop a lot quicker. I'm considering a restore again tonight, and trying Greenpois0n. But before that, I'm draining the battery to zero and then fully charging and see how I get on then.
    In a Tiny Nutshell - my iPhone 4G accessory reviews!

Apple Game Center ID: Chris1981

My Ping Profile
    iMore Expert

iOS Version

Yall don't complain about the battery life with Limera1n or GeoHot will get pissed and make a blog to everyone saying hes quitting the jailbreak business.

Josh
    Current White Iphone 4 8GB JB Evasi0n 7.0.4 because of budget reasons
    2011-12 White Iphone 4S 16 GB
    2011 White Iphone4 - 16GB
    2009-2011 Black Iphone 3GS 16 GB
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    iOS Version

So, I don't really "get" the logic of less of a battery leak with Greenpois0n vs limera1n.

When Greenpois0n (aka SHAtter) was released, Chronic Dev announced that they re-worked Greenpois0n to use the same exact exploit that geohot put out to the world (limera1n). In doing that, they saved the SHAtter exploit in case/for when Apple patches limera1n.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Same exploit/JB, different way of delivering it.
    TiPb Jailbreak Genius

Quote Originally Posted by v1nn1e View Post
    So, I don't really "get" the logic of less of a battery leak with Greenpois0n vs limera1n.

When Greenpois0n (aka SHAtter) was released, Chronic Dev announced that they re-worked Greenpois0n to use the same exact exploit that geohot put out to the world (limera1n). In doing that, they saved the SHAtter exploit in case/for when Apple patches limera1n.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Same exploit/JB, different way of delivering it.
    No... Exploit = Delivery system. Jailbreak = Payload.

The exploits used were the same. The userland tools used to keep it untethered were basically the same. The jailbreak is probably a bit different.

iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Battery no better today. Restoring and will either run without JB or try Greenpois0n.

My Ping Profile
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

Jailbroke my iP4 running 4.1 the day limera1n came out. Have installed: SBSettings, BiteSMS, Xpandr, FolderCloser. Unplugged the phone 5 hours ago to come to work and it's still at 99% charge. I'm not seeing any extra drain from limera1n.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    1,209 Global Posts

For me it's been about the same. Don't really notice a change in battery life. I took it off the charger at 8:30am and now it's almost 1pm and im at 89%...it would say that's pretty good.
    Usage:
    2 short calls ( maybe 3 mins total)
    A lot of whatsapp messages
    A little surfing
    Some email (only read no reply)

So im ok i think
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

It's always the same after a new jailbreak. Some people seem to suffer with battery issues, others don't. All I can say is the difference is VERY noticeable. Nothing else has changed for me other then Limera1n jailbreak and a few well known Cydia apps.

It HAS to be Limera1n. No other reason. Would like to know if anyone has tried Limera1n, had battery problems, restored to factory and reapplied jailbreak this time using Greenpois0n? Has the battery improved?

Thanks.

My Ping Profile
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_c81 View Post
    It's always the same after a new jailbreak. Some people seem to suffer with battery issues, others don't. All I can say is the difference is VERY noticeable. Nothing else has changed for me other then Limera1n jailbreak and a few well known Cydia apps.

It HAS to be Limera1n. No other reason. Would like to know if anyone has tried Limera1n, had battery problems, restored to factory and reapplied jailbreak this time using Greenpois0n? Has the battery improved?

Thanks.
    I haven't really noticed a battery drain w/ limera1n, but let us know the result! To be honest, battery life on my phone has always sort of sucked anyway.. so I'm not sure if it's worse now, or what. I went from 4.0.1 to 4.1 and it seems like 4.1 actually has better battery life. It could be a placebo effect type deal.

Anywho, let us know!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast