Limera1n Jailbreak Problem Fix
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I'll detail my Limera1n experience and post what I did to fix it.
- Downloaded Limera1n and accidently ran it, thus "re-jailbreaking" my 4.0.1 software
- Backed up my apps using the apt(something) package from BigBoss
- Transfered purchases to iTunes and backed up my iPhone in iTunes
- Clicked Update within iTunes, and waited for it to run its course
- Received an error message towards the end that read along the lines of 'We hate you, go to this default very vague error site and look for code 1004, but we won't tell you what that means'
- Ok, maybe not in those exact words, but I'm going from memory here
- Attempted about 4 more times to update to 4.1 but to no avail, tried rebooting iPhone, nothing was working, still got the error message and iPhone was still in recovery mode
- Decided to try and run Limera1n, but it was stuck on "waiting on device"
- Held power and home for the heck of it
- Limera1n now began giving the "Release power button" (still holding home) and "Device is in DFU Mode, wait..." prompts
- Limera1n logo popped up on the iPhone (bad quality graphic by the way)
- Powered it up and phone was jailbroken with factory settings
- Restored to my most recent backup in iTunes
- Waiting to redownload and run apt(something) from BigBoss to reinstall my cydia apps
So that was my rather frustrating experience with Limera1n, I don't know if anyone else has had any problems or this one specifically, but post them if you do. It may have been because I had re-jailbroken 4.0.1, I'm not sure, but that is what I am guessing.