Cydia Stuck in Downloading Packages Screen

VikG

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My Cydia has been stuck in downloading packages screen for the past 30minutes. On my old phone it only took a few seconds to add a new source.

Any ideas why this is? Is it a server issue or has anyone else been able to use this recently?

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this issue now.

The thing is, it was working as it should all the while up until a couple of days ago where its taking ages to download packages...but all other functions in Cydia are ok...meaning I can still browse and download or even cancel the sequence if I want.

There doesn't seem to be any changes that need updating.:confused: So not sure why its taking so long to check and download packages.

The last recent apps/tweaks I downloaded were, DisplayOut, FolderEnhancer and AskToSend, plus I'm using the latest Cydia update.

iPhone 4 JB with Limera1n.

I've done a little search around and it seems to be a known issue dating back since last year. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it. If I have to install Cydia again whats the implications? will I lose all my downloads?

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I hope it is a server issue, because it was working fine in the last few weeks, especially with the update.

Just tried now, its roughly taking about 20-25secs from launch to download packgages and reload data...is that normal? I cant remember now...but I'm sure ive never noticed it to be that long.

andrewp23

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My Cydia has been stuck in downloading packages screen for the past 30minutes. On my old phone it only took a few seconds to add a new source.

Any ideas why this is? Is it a server issue or has anyone else been able to use this recently?

what firmware are you on? and also there is a new vbersion of cydia which is much faster than the one you are probably using so id update your cydia to the latest version hopefully this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro