Cydia shsh blogs not accurate

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. I currently have an iPhone 4 4.01 jb/unlocked and when I first got the phone I clicked "make my life easier" to save my shsh blogs. But last night when I was trying to restore my phone to 4.01 I kept receiving error message 3092.

After that I went to cydia and noticed that on top of the home page it says "shsh 4.1".

How can this be if I'm running 4.01 and have never upgraded to 4.1? Is this a server error of some kind? What are my options at this point if I have to restore? Thanks

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
You must save your SHSH while Apple is signing them. Doesnt matter what you currently are running. I could have a 2G running JB with 1.0 doesnt mean I can save my SHSH. The key is what Apple is currently signing, not what iOS u are currently running. You dont even need to be JB to save your SHSH blobs.

Right now apple is signing 4.1, meaning no matter what iOS I am running, my 4.1 blobs will be saved. Hence why you should save them everytime apple releases a new iOS.

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Now I understand. Thank you for the reply. Given the circumstances, what are my options if I had to restore my phone?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
If you havent saved your SHSH for anything prior to 4.1, then sadly you cant restore. While TinyUmbrella and Cydia do a great job saving your SHSH blobs, they dont do a good job explaining the process to people new to jailbreaking.

Try restoring on iTunes, I am actually not sure if it will download the current firmware or if it will just reinstall 4.0.1. If you MUST restore, you might be out of options... Otherwise, just restore your phone to factory settings via the settings function on your iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro