Will Unlock, what to do about monthly charges?

iCloud

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting an iPhone. So, first of all please tell which model should I go for so that it could be unlocked surely.

I was browsing the Apple online store, when I clicked on Buy it ask to choose a monthly plan. Since, I will be unlocking what should I choose here? I don't want to pay them any monthly charges and neither do I want to get into any legal issues (like if I don't may them monthly, will they contact me?)

I am not an american but currently in US, so I just want to know how and where should I buy?

Actually I will be shipping the iphone after unlocking to Asia (I will not buy one in Asia, its too expensive) and that's why I am looking to buy a locked iphone for $299 or something and then unlocking it.

Thanks

Last edited:

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If you get it without a plan its full price. $599 for the 16gb. If you want the $199 price you have to get an att contract.

You will not get one new from an apple or att store that can be unlocked.

Ebay or craigslist and make sure its on 4.0 or 4.0.1

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Only in the US are you stuck with a carrier locked device. You can go to Canada, or any other country where Apple sells iPhones, and purchase a brand new sim unlocked iPhone.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
if you buy a model thats locked ITS LOCKED there is currently no jailbreak for IOS 4.1 so you can switch carriers not that you really could in the USof A anyways

if you think AT&T's network is bad wait till you try T-mobile

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Only in the US are you stuck with a carrier locked device. You can go to Canada, or any other country where Apple sells iPhones, and purchase a brand new sim unlocked iPhone.

Correct, but neither method will get a phone for $199 or $299, thats contract subsidized price hence why they ask if they will have to pay att at all or get in trouble for not etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh