CAMERA/PHOTO PROBLEMs

merceken

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Camera is taking pictures but they are not stored in the camera roll.I used to be able to transfer pictures from emails to the phone but couldn't anymore.
All I get is an empty camera roll,nothing saved.
Equipment is an iphone3gs ios3-1-2 tethered.

iRoo

Sep 21, 2010
www.twitter.com
Is the iPhone jailbroken? If so, it could be a folder permissions issue. You should be able to rectify it by SSHing into your iPhone and and navigating to the mobile media folder and changing it's permissions to mobile user.

You also may need to reboot in order for the change to take effect. I believe the folder is under /private/var/mobile/Media, where you'll want to change the DCIM folder permissions. If you're using WinSCP for your SSH access, you'll also want to select 'Set group, owner and permissions recursively' before pressing OK to make sure it effects all subsequent folders and files.

After a reboot, you should be seeing your pictures show up in the camera roll.

Let me know if that helps at all :)

merceken

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Is the iPhone jailbroken? If so, it could be a folder permissions issue. You should be able to rectify it by SSHing into your iPhone and and navigating to the mobile media folder and changing it's permissions to mobile user.

You also may need to reboot in order for the change to take effect. I believe the folder is under /private/var/mobile/Media, where you'll want to change the DCIM folder permissions. If you're using WinSCP for your SSH access, you'll also want to select 'Set group, owner and permissions recursively' before pressing OK to make sure it effects all subsequent folders and files.

After a reboot, you should be seeing your pictures show up in the camera roll.

Let me know if that helps at all :)
Sure helped.Problem solved.Thanks.......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73