Restore to Re-jailbreak?

blacky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi
my Iphone 3g is experiencing a few probs (namely the settings won't open just hangs then goes back to main screen). I have been advised on this forum to restore the phone. Could someone reccommend a way to restore/re-jailbreak. Its running OS4 (I think can't access settings!!!). I aam a bit fearful of the operation to be honest because I am worried the phone will lock back to the original carrier and then I will not be able to access jailbreakme which is the only method I have ever seen used. Any advice would be really great thanks (especially if I could repair the fault without restoring)
Many thanks from a total NOOB!

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I think u have to restore, BUT as u know, u can restore it to this version without any update. BUT be careful, if u update or restore it normally with itunes it will update your carrier. But if u have SHSH's files saved in cydia u can restore without update. If u're interested about that, just let me know, and i'll write to u how can u do it...

Please fully read a post before you attempt to help

The OP is using a 3G not a 3GS

To the op, you can downgrade/restore etc thru itunes and then re jailbreak as normal.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77