r my SHSH files messed up?

soso20000

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi, am a new iPhone owner i never had one before, so i bought a locked iPhone 4 under the impression that its easily unlocked, i logged in jailbreakme.com and followed the instructions, and when its supposed to reboot it freezes up for about 2 hours, so i had to restore it and itunes updated my phone to OS 4.1 ( i didnt know it was a stupid move back then):s

I found a couple of sites with steps to downgrade iPhone from 4.1 to 4.0.1 using SHSH blobs. I didn?t save them so I had to download TinyUmbrella to extract them from the server, the problem is my iPhone 4 was OS 4.0.1, and the program cant find any SHSH files, its only successful finding iPhone 3g OS 4.0.1!! I don?t have one so how come its successful finding the shsh files in 3g???!:confused: Am so confused and can find a useful way downgrading my iPhone? plz any help?

Btw I know it could be a stupid question but can I downgrade my iPhone 4 OS 4.1 to iPhone 3g 4.0.1?

alemkr#IM

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I would say not. If you can wait a little while longer the jailbreak for 4.1 should be available (I hope). I was able to use tinyumbrella to downgrade and didn't have any issues once I downloaded the Apple firmware file for iphone 4. Of course my shsh file for 4.0.1 was available.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
SHSH files CANNOT be "saved" or "extracted" after Apple stops signing a specific firmware. SHSH blobs are only "active" while Apple lets you restore a specific firmware ( ie 4.0.1 ). Once Apple stops saying it's ok to restore that version, then if you haven't saved them you are out of luck.

The 3G has "soft" SHSH blobs, and TinyUmbrella probably has a bug in it if it's returning a 3G SHSH blob for an iPhone4.

You cannot downgrade your iPhone 4 as you're on 4.1 and don't have SHSH blobs saved. You have to wait for a new jailbreak and unlock.