How did he get so lucky? 3Gs w/ old bootrom

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
How the hell did my brother in law get so damn lucky? So a friend of his got an iPhone 4 and gave him his 3Gs locked to a different carrier. Well of course he gave the phone to me for JB and unlock duty. Well the phone was screwed it was rebooting and giving me error 28 when trying to restore. I checked the S/N and it was still under warranty so I took it to the Apple store, praying there was no water damage sensors tripped. Well there wasn't and it was an easy as pie swap. I've been out of the JB scene for awhile now so I'm checking and the phone is loaded with iOS 4.0.2 on the OLD BOOT LOADER! I thought for sure he was going to get one with the new boot loader since it was just exchanged now. The baseband is unlockable so I'm all set to go :D

The only question I have do I have to JB it with 4.0.2 since it's already on that firmware? or can I JB it with an older firmware? and a double check here is the SN 5K35H now from what I read if the 4th and 5th digit is 40 and above it's the new bootrom, is that correct? so am I right that it's on the old bootrom?

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
That's supposed to be the basic rule of thumb but if it's on 4.0.2 I'm pretty sure you will have to downgrade to jbso That should be pretty easy. Just use tiny umbrella. There should be a guide on iclairified or on here somewhere. O and how he got that phone, I'm sure it's a refurb.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Being that this was a phone swap you won't have shsh blobs for the device so downgrading will be impossible, unfortunately.

Give it a few weeks, we should see a new jailbreak here soon for 4.1

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys, yeah I think it was a refurb too but just funny there's gotta be tons with the new boot loader so just thought getting the old boot loader was a luck out. Anyway yeah couldn't downgrade as you guys know so gave it back and told him either sell it and buy a used locked to Fido or wait a couple weeks for the new JB.

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
It's possible it was made this yr and not last but if it is a refurb and has them saved I'm not sure what you use to check if the blobs r saved but if they r u should be able to downgrade then jb

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73