Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default iPhone 3G

Hi all

I recently bought a iphone 3g and when I turn it on its asking me to connect to itunes to download the latest os. I don't want to download the latests one because i want to unlock it to all carriers. Is there anyway I can download any older firewires so i can unlock it? Any info would be much appreicated!
    iPhone Newbie

15 Posts

I'm sure it's just prompting you to update, not making you update. Downgrading your firmware will not downgrade your base band. Only way to downgrade your baseband is if you have a very early version of the 3G and you use fuzzyband.

You should be able to restore it pretty much any firmware you would like and 3.1.3 would probably be best bet if you don't already have a lower version on there. If you have a lower version you should be set and if you don't just google the baseband number for an unlock. Every baseband can be unlocked as of now except for the new 4.1 baseband.