Question about Multiflow vs iOS backgrounding?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I purchased Multiflow and have Backgrounder installed as well along with Activator. I have an "Anywhere" key in Activator set to activate the Multiflow window. I have read through the Multiflow doucmentation and not sure if I missed this but here's my confusion... when I activate Multiflow, I see a window of up to 9 apps that are supposedly the apps that are being run in the background. However, if I use Apple's iOS multitasking method to view all active apps (double press home button) I get a much larger list of apps... MUCH larger. Multiflow might have 2 or 3 but the iOS multitasking window at the bottom could have 20 open apps listed. I get the sense from the options in Multiflow and Backgrounder that there are ways of fine-tuning the multitasking and backgrounding of apps so I think this is simply me not understanding enough even after reading about this. I'm guessing I just don't have a setting correct somewhere and that Multiflow should be able to mirror the iOS method for monitoring and listing all open apps. What settings do I need to change in order for Multiflow to show ALL open apps like iOS does so they mirror each other? Do others use a different set of options to more efficiently manage multitasking? Thanks for any info or suggestions.

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
I used to run multiflow well let me correct myself, I still run multiflow on my 3GS and i messed w the settings on backgrounder and some apps just don't work with it. But u can make every app native or just select the ones u want to run in the background also remove bg and remove bg toggle I found I like alot

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure the original question was answered, but I have the same question. I have some apps that appear in the IOS multitasking window, and never in Multiflow. And I have some that immediately get removed from the IOS multitasking window when I close them in Multiflow, and others just stay in the IOS multitasking window. I have Backgrounder installed, and have messed with all the settings, but I can't get Multiflow and the IOS multitasking window to "syncronize".

In my mind, I'm assuming that they should have the same apps "running" in either window. I bought Multiflow thinking it would be an easier way for me to close apps in the IOS taskbar, but I'm guessing it doesn't serve that purpose. If it doesn't, it just seems more like eye-candy to me, rather than a functional app...

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
The iOS Multitasker, or Switcher as some call it, isn't necessarily showing apps that are in the background. It's showing a list of apps that you last used. Some are using background services, most are not. It depends on how the developer created the app.

Multiflow is showing apps that are in the background, either natively or by a setting where you forced it to background through backgrounder.

Again, the switcher isn't necessarily showing apps that are in the background. It's showing apps that you have run. If you notice, they are in the order of you having used them.

Last edited:

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The iOS Multitasker, or Switcher as some call it, isn't necessarily showing apps that are in the background. It's showing a list of apps that you last used. Some are using background services, most are not. It depends on how the developer created the app.

Multiflow is showing apps that are in the background, either natively or by a setting where you forced it to background through backgrounder.

Again, the switcher isn't necessarily showing apps that are in the background. It's showing apps that you have run. If you notice, they are in the order of you having used them.

I tend to agree with this answer. The iOS Switcher is more of a Recently Used Apps list. Some apps may be running in the background and you can switch to them, but not all of the apps in the switcher will be running in the background (or at least won't be actively running).

This is one of the reasons that I have Backgrounder installed (i had Multiflow but removed it do to it being quite unmanageable for me as an app switcher.)
With Backgrounder, I don't actually use it to make apps run in the background anymore (every app i would want to have do this now fully supports iOS native multitasking). Instead, I use it to place the blue icon on all Apps that are running in the background.

anon(4714309)

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Backrounder is the best multitasking and I recommend the pro switcher cydia app (both are free) or I use infinidock which Is exactly like the ios4 dock thing when you double click the home button but I have ios3 so that's my alternative but infinidock or the ios4 dock aren't multitaskers. They are just extended docks. Infinidock does cost money but you can get it for free if you wanna email me I can show you it takes 2 seconds

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Backrounder is the best multitasking and I recommend the pro switcher cydia app (both are free) or I use infinidock which Is exactly like the ios4 multitasking dock thing when you double click the home button but I have ios3 so that's my alternative. Infinidock does cost money but you can get it for free if you wanna email me I can show you it takes 2 seconds

Please support developers!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Lol well it's a repository that cracked most of the paid cydia apps. I just take advantage. I'm only 15 I don't have a credit card to pay for things

probably not a good thing to learn at such a young age.. surely you have to have options; parents credit card(s), paypal etc..

one of many problems with "cracked" apps is you'll never get any type of support when/if something were to go wrong

not to mention it just gives US decent jailbreakers a bad name

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

anon(4714309)

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
probably not a good thing to learn at such a young age.. surely you have to have options; parents credit card(s), paypal etc..

one of many problems with "cracked" apps is you'll never get any type of support when/if something were to go wrong

not to mention it just gives US decent jailbreakers a bad name

They don't trust anything with their credit cards -_-