How to keep phone jailbroken

joechiliman

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
I am waiting for an updated iOS 4.1 jailbreak so I can update to it. When I did the last update I wiped out my jailbreak. Had to downgrade and go throught the enitre jailbreak process from scratch. I was pissed as it took a long time to get phone back to the way I had customized it. How do i avoid this from happening when the new jailbreak comes and I update my OS? Thanks!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
You cant really, mostly when you have a lot of customizing like themes and stuff done... There are cydia apps that backup cydia apps and stuff but its still a lot of work. You probably wont need to downgrade this time. Just upgrade to 4.1 and use the new JB once its released and then redo all your jb stuff...

Trust me its a pain, I know, I have done a LOT of modding on my iPhone...

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
That's one of the draw backs of "JB". Simpleist way to avoid the "Headache". Limit your updates... Unless a "Major" update is released the minor "updates i.e. 3.0 - 3.0.1 - 3.0.2 - 4.0 - 4.01 - 4.0.2" are fruitless... IMO... Apple relaeses these to aggravate the "unsuspecting/uneducated" JB Community. By that I mean the individuals who don't do their homework... They simply "Got to have it, cause Apple just released it".

Well, What does it give you that you don't already have? Does it improve a feature? Does it improve stability? Does it "justify" spending countless hours regaining "your" iPhone?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
That's one of the draw backs of "JB". Simpleist way to avoid the "Headache". Limit your updates... Unless a "Major" update is released the minor "updates i.e. 3.0 - 3.0.1 - 3.0.2 - 4.0 - 4.01 - 4.0.2" are fruitless... IMO... Apple relaeses these to aggravate the "unsuspecting/uneducated" JB Community. By that I mean the individuals who don't do their homework... They simply "Got to have it, cause Apple just released it".

Well, What does it give you that you don't already have? Does it improve a feature? Does it improve stability? Does it "justify" spending countless hours regaining "your" iPhone?

Yeh I agree. So many people get on here after Apple releases those small updates that most of the time don't change anything worthwhile and lost their jailbreak. With the usual I accidently updated, lol.

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
i used PkgBackup recently and it seemed to work rather well. i did have to reset a few themes, but overall i think it went fairly easy. you guys have a better method? i'm kind of new at this ;).

NickiSmith

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been keeping a word doc of all of my apps that I have installed & any custom settings. It's still going to be a pain to re do everything, but at least I won't have to try to remember what I had that I loved.
I would love to find an alternative as well.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Aptbackup has seen me through a number or re-jb's. Not sure if it's 4.0 compatable tho. (just haven't checked lately.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro