Hello everyone. Sorry but I am VERY VERY new to the apple world. I bought an ipod touch 3g and I had ios 3.1.3 in it and I had it jailbroke and everything working GREAT!! Well I went to sync and somehow I restored and upgraded by accident so now Im on the NEW 4.1. Is there any way to go back to like 4.0 or 3.1.3 so I can jailbreak again? Ive literally been up for over 30 hours reading and trying to find answers and finally figured Id come here and ask. Thanks for any help!! Oh by the way I have an MC Itouch if that helps.
Last edited by aaron130; 09-09-2010 at 09:13 AM.
- 09-09-2010, 09:56 AM #2iPhone Intermediate
- 366 Posts
Did you save your SHSH hashes, through Cydia or on your computer.
If no, you will have to wait for 4.1 JB.
If yes or not sure, download and run Tinyumbrella:
1) Make sure you Device is detected.
2) check "Advanced Options."
3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select the firmware version you want to downgrade to.
4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware you can downgrade to.
7) Start "TSS server," download firmware file somewhere (google) and restore through iTunes with that file.
8) If you device gets stuck during restore, try "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
Last edited by myzhi; 09-09-2010 at 10:10 AM.
- 09-09-2010, 10:50 AM #3
Thanks A LOT guys I really appreciate it. I'm almost POSITIVE I didn't save anything to my computer, I didn't even know about that to be honest, like I said I'm very new to Apple, but have have everything before this, Windows mobile, palm pre, android. So are u guys saying when jailbreak comes out for 4.1 I should be able to just jb? Cuz I can wait I don't mind, but I won't need anything saved I can jb straight from 4.1 when it comes out? And this is a itouch so I don't need to unlock anything, just jailbreak.
Let me rephrase my op. I didnt accidently upgrade. I am one that BELIEVES in the search button and if you read youd see I said i been up JUST READING EVERYTHING about this device because I NOT NEW to the hacking world BY ANY MEANS just NEW to iphone(IpodTouch). And what had happened, was I was having problems with installous it wouldnt install, so EVERYWHERE I READ said to restore my ipod touch. So i connected it and hit restore. Well it restored AND UPGRADED. So all I really wanna know is IF a jailbreak comes out for 4.1 will I be able to do it? Or am I basically screwed? Im not in any rush at all, Im just wondering if Ill be able to in the future.