Please Help iphone 3gs 8gig 4.0.2
hi everyone so now i have an iphone 3gs 8gig (the new model)
i need to jailbreak and unlock it but it has the 4.0.2 software can someone tell me how to downgrade the software (itunes gives me an error right off the bat) or give me the steps on how to do it without downgrading
i am using a windows computer just in case
thanks in advance
- 09-02-2010, 01:19 PM #2iPhone Intermediate
- 366 Posts
You can not JB and unlock firmware 4.0.2. And, the only way to downgrade firmware with 3GS and IP4 is with having previously saved SHSH hashes for that firmware, in your case 4.0.1. If you didn't, you are out of luck
If yes, download and run Tinyumbrella:
1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
2) check "Advanced Options."
3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select 4.0.1 firmware.
4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and the firmware version you can downgrade to.
7) Start "TSS server" and restore through iTunes with the downloaded firmware file (google) you can downgrade to in step #6.
8) If you phone get stuck during restore, trying "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
Last edited by myzhi; 09-02-2010 at 01:23 PM.
- 09-04-2010, 10:15 AM #3iPhone Newbie
- 15 Posts
Actually, the above poster is wrong!
I managed to rollback my 4.0.2 3gs phone without the blobs.
Here is how:
The steps only take about 10 mins to complete so happy jailbreaking!
- 09-04-2010, 10:24 AM #4
- 09-04-2010, 05:49 PM #5
- 09-04-2010, 06:23 PM #6
- 09-04-2010, 06:48 PM #7iPhone Intermediate
- 246 Posts
- 09-06-2010, 12:50 AM #8