3GS iBrick

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
My brother has a 3GS unlocked however for some reason thought it would be a good idea to update the phone. Now it's stuck on the "insert valid sim with no pin lock/slick for emergency" screen. I've tried several times to run the restore, both with and without a sim (including my, an att sim card) however it continues to return to the same screen. I've searched all over the place but cant seem to find a definite guide on how to get passed this screen.

Can anyone help me? Is the phone hopeless?

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
First, it's not brick. Second, put AT&T sim into the phone and connect to iTunes to activate the phone so you can get pass the emergency call screen. What firmware is the phone on now? You might want to research on how to JB, and then, unlocking the phone.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
What firmware is the phone on now?

The phone was on 3.1.2. He updated just a few days ago, I'm assuming, to 4.0.2, as it's the latest firmware.

put AT&T sim into the phone and connect to iTunes to activate the phone so you can get pass the emergency call screen.

I've tried the restore with my ATT sim card inserted but the phone continues to return to the same screen.

You might want to research on how to JB, and then, unlocking the phone.

At this point we're not so much concerned with re-jailbreaking it. Just want to get passed the "Emergency Calls" only screen. Cant even get to the Homescreen.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing there is no fix for this?

Sigh...

When its on that screen it wants the original carrier sim card inserted. If you dont have that you are SOL.

Yes i read you tried putting an att sim in it, if that didnt do it, is it an ATT phone?

Make a genius bar appointment if you really cant figure it out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro