i have an iphone 3g on 4.02 need help

catatun1233

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
ok so when i try to jailbreak my iphone it gets to the reboot stage and then dosnt do anything else it gets stuck for as long as i leave it there i have redsnow 9.5 and itunes latest version also have 4.0 ispw i dont understand what is going on right after the kernal download it never starts on my iphone it is a mb version have the same problem with a second gen ipod touch pc someone lease help me

catatun1233

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
nooooooo

hay thanks for the reply but no i dont have shsh files but there has to be something i can do i cant even us it cuz i have tmobil can suneone tell me whats going on

sean1604

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
4.0.2 can't be downgraded, its been tested by people! You'll need to sit tight, apple are relasing 4.1 next week I think reading about, hopefully the Dev team will get a Jb/unlock for that when it comes. In the meantime if you don't have your shsh's then your pretty screwed sorry :/

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
4.0.2 can't be downgraded, its been tested by people! You'll need to sit tight, apple are relasing 4.1 next week I think reading about, hopefully the Dev team will get a Jb/unlock for that when it comes. In the meantime if you don't have your shsh's then your pretty screwed sorry :/

SHSH hashes needed for downgrade are for 3GS and iPhone 4. 2G & 3G phones can bypass / don't use them.

speedy2056

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
4.0.2 CAN be downgraded without SHSH blobs.

Go to google, type in 'jailbreak 4.0.2' and hit the news tab at the top. there's an article about rolling back the firmware to 4.0.1 with a bit of code manipulation.

it's easy.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
4.0.2 CAN be downgraded without SHSH blobs.

Go to google, type in 'jailbreak 4.0.2' and hit the news tab at the top. there's an article about rolling back the firmware to 4.0.1 with a bit of code manipulation.

it's easy.
Did you read the guide? Tells you to use Blackra1n. That program hasn't been updated since 3.1.2. Geohot, guy made that hack, has step away from JB iphone now. Just because it's posted on internet doesn't mean it's true.

Last edited:

speedy2056

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you read the guide? Tells you to use Blackra1n. That program hasn't been updated since 3.1.2. Geohot, guy made that hack, has step away from JB iphone now. Just because it's posted on internet doesn't mean it's true.

Thanks for telling me bs three times!

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for telling me bs three times!
Have to respond to all you BS posts. So people won't the wrong idea. Again.

The author: Downgrade iPhone 4, 3GS from iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 Without SHSH Blobs Saved [Guide] | Redmond Pie

First sentence: "Ok guys let me clear this upfront. I haven?t tested this method yet, but by the looks of it, there is no reason why it shouldn?t work."

Update: "Ok guys, I know I took a little long to provide this update but this was because I was thoroughly testing this method to see if it really works. After trying it out on my iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad, I can confirm that this at least didn?t worked for me. But then again I got lots of messages from Twitter and email from users who said that they got it working on iPhone 3GS and all. But at least in all my tests, it didn?t work for me even on an iPhone 3GS."

Now, let me explain why people may luckily get it to work:
1) Notice step guide #8: "Add the 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com line to the host file." That tricks Itunes into contacting Cydia server instead of Apple's servers. Do you know why? Hint: SHSH hashes.
2) Here's the important thing. Saurik, Cydia guy, says about it: It seems that more shsh are on file and even some of you that havent ever jailbroken and just got a new iphone may actually have an shsh on file. It?s definitely worth a try to set up Saurik?s signature server in your hosts file and try to restore that way. You may get lucky and get a downgrade even on a new device.

Once again, there is no magic / trick to downgrade without SHSH hashes saved for 3GS or IP4.

Last edited:

speedy2056

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Have to respond to all you BS posts. So people won't the wrong idea. Again.

The author: Downgrade iPhone 4, 3GS from iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 Without SHSH Blobs Saved [Guide] | Redmond Pie

First sentence: "Ok guys let me clear this upfront. I haven?t tested this method yet, but by the looks of it, there is no reason why it shouldn?t work."

Update: "Ok guys, I know I took a little long to provide this update but this was because I was thoroughly testing this method to see if it really works. After trying it out on my iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad, I can confirm that this at least didn?t worked for me. But then again I got lots of messages from Twitter and email from users who said that they got it working on iPhone 3GS and all. But at least in all my tests, it didn?t work for me even on an iPhone 3GS."

Now, let me explain why people may luckily get it to work:
1) Notice step guide #8: "Add the 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com line to the host file." That tricks Itunes into contacting Cydia server instead of Apple's servers. Do you know why? Hint: SHSH hashes.
2) Here's the important thing. Saurik, Cydia guy, says about it: It seems that more shsh are on file and even some of you that havent ever jailbroken and just got a new iphone may actually have an shsh on file. It?s definitely worth a try to set up Saurik?s signature server in your hosts file and try to restore that way. You may get lucky and get a downgrade even on a new device.

Once again, there is no magic / trick to downgrade without SHSH hashes saved for 3GS or IP4.

Bs posts?

How about you read my posts correctly like I had to correct you in the other ones?

Learn to read and interpret them right and we wouldn't have this problem.

At the end of the day....guess what?

It's my gain and yours and everybody else's loss if you don't try it.

Simple fact there!

Once again, this worked for my Iphone 3GS and have not pretended this to be a "magic potion" as you falsely made it out to be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR