New iphone user here

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
I have two iphones for me and wife. Both are on OS 4.0.1 I want to jb using the jailbreakme.com on safari on the iphone. Am I ok with this OS? Any tips or sites you can link for me to read up on getting started with jailbreaking and must have apps,installous,etc. I appreciate the forum. Thanks

Last edited:

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes. You can JB using jailbreakme.com. Just use safari on the phone. Follow the prompted instructions. Afterward, you will see Cydia on the phone which means it's been JB. And, we are not allow to talk about piracy = installous.

michial

Aug 7, 2009
Visit site
Oh, sorry. I dont even know about a lot of these things. SOmebody told me that was the name of the utility to download stuff. Ive read some folks saying they lose their mms,sms and facetime with jb. Is that normal? Ive also heard and hope to download the app to be able to use facetime over 3g. Is there such a thing and how well does it work? thanks
Are there any must have utilities I need?

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You could loose your mms,sms and facetime after jailbreaking. Supposedly, it was fix in current version of Jailbreakme.com.

If not:

1) Backup your non JB settings before using Jailbreakme.com. To do this, in iTunes, right click on your phone and select "Back Up." After JBing, see if mms, sms and FT works. If not, right click on your phone and select "Restore from Backup." To be safe, I would suggest you disable auto sync in iTunes so it doesn't save your JB settings and overwrite your non JB settings you just backed up.

2) Download the fix through Cydia.

To use FT over 3G, buy $4 3G Unrestrictor through Cydia.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner