Downgrade 4.0.2 to 4.0.1
I just received my iphone4 in the mail with 4.0.2 I remember reading somewhere that it is possible to download the 4.0.1 firmware online and then restore the phone using that so it will be possible for me to jailbreak.
Is this possible?
Also from what I read before it requires Apple to sign off on a software package? What exactly does this mean?
- 08-24-2010, 05:08 PM #2
- 08-26-2010, 10:05 PM #3
- 08-27-2010, 12:02 AM #4
- 08-27-2010, 10:26 PM #6iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
I got my wife's iPhone 4 just over week ago and found a Fake Umbrella app (by the folks who made the TinyUmbrella) and was able to use that to create a spoof 4.0.1 SHSH Blob and put it out on Cydia. After that was able to follow the steps to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1.
- 08-28-2010, 05:50 AM #7iPhone Intermediate
- 144 Posts
Everything is Jailbroken now except 4.0.2. (Yes?) So you buy a new phone and it comes with 4.0.2, your stuck for a jb for a while. I was reading an article where Steve Jobs was trying to block or disable all jailbroken phones from the main Apple server. Jailbreak was declared legitimate by a US court. Apple could retaliate against you if you jailbroke, even if it is perfectly legal. The paitent "downright creepy and invasive" and a total overkill.
- 08-28-2010, 07:19 AM #8iPhone Newbie
- 34 Posts
Last edited by Forbes; 08-28-2010 at 08:46 AM.
- 08-28-2010, 09:00 PM #9
- 08-29-2010, 03:34 AM #10iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
I am stuck in the same boat. I bought my Iphone 4 yesterday with 4.0.2 preloaded. This means that i am out of luck because i did not have any older firmware loaded on this phone prior because it is new out of the box. For people that have upgraded on purpose or accidentally can use a program like tinyumbrella to grab their blobs and then fake out the signing server connection from itunes to sauriks server and load up the old 4.0 or 4.1 firmware and then jailbreak. Of course jailbreak me is down now so i am not sure what to do about that one as well. But it looks like we may just have to wait for the final release of 4.1 and i am sure the redsn0w team is already working on it right now. For now i will miss my infinidock, ifile and all the other tools that make my phone work the way i expect it to
- 08-29-2010, 10:32 AM #11
- 08-30-2010, 07:32 AM #12
- 08-31-2010, 04:35 PM #13
- 08-31-2010, 04:37 PM #14
- 09-01-2010, 02:56 PM #15iPhone Nanite
- 8 Posts
- 09-01-2010, 04:03 PM #16
- 09-01-2010, 04:07 PM #17
- 09-01-2010, 04:13 PM #18
To try to downgrade, download and run Tinyumbrella:
1) Make sure you Iphone is detected.
2) check "Advanced Options."
3) In new window, under "Device / Version," select 4.0.1 firmware.
4) Click on "Save my SHSH." Pray Cydia has them. If you don't get an error, it has been saved onto your computer.
5) Repeat to save other firmware hashes if you wish.
6) Now, click on "Display SHSHs." It should listed all hashes you have saved on your computer and firmware version you can downgrade to.
7) Start "TSS server" and restore through iTunes with a downloaded firmware file (google) you can downgrade to in step #6.
8) If you phone get stuck during restore, trying "Kick out of recovery..."'in Tinyumbrella.
- 09-01-2010, 09:43 PM #19
- 09-01-2010, 09:47 PM #20
- 09-07-2010, 04:20 AM #21
- 09-07-2010, 12:31 PM #22
- 09-07-2010, 07:31 PM #23
- 09-07-2010, 08:15 PM #24
The author: Downgrade iPhone 4, 3GS from iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 Without SHSH Blobs Saved [Guide] | Redmond Pie
First sentence: "Ok guys let me clear this upfront. I havenít tested this method yet, but by the looks of it, there is no reason why it shouldnít work."
Update: "Ok guys, I know I took a little long to provide this update but this was because I was thoroughly testing this method to see if it really works. After trying it out on my iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad, I can confirm that this at least didnít worked for me. But then again I got lots of messages from Twitter and email from users who said that they got it working on iPhone 3GS and all. But at least in all my tests, it didnít work for me even on an iPhone 3GS."
Now, let me explain why people may luckily get it to work:
1) Notice step guide #8: "Add the 18.104.22.168 gs.apple.com line to the host file." That tricks Itunes into contacting Cydia server instead of Apple's servers. Do you know why? Hint: SHSH hashes.
2) Here's the important thing. Saurik, Cydia guy, clarifies it: It seems that more shsh are on file and even some of you that havent ever jailbroken and just got a new iphone may actually have an shsh on file. Itís definitely worth a try to set up Saurikís signature server in your hosts file and try to restore that way. You may get lucky and get a downgrade even on a new device.
Once again, there is no magic / trick to downgrade without SHSH hashes saved for 3GS or IP4.
Last edited by myzhi; 09-08-2010 at 05:05 PM.
- 09-09-2010, 05:57 AM #25