Iphone 4 (4.0.2) unable to restore - device isnt eligible ,shsh already saved

draxz1289

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
OK this is my dilemma,

I previously had 4.0.1 on my Iphone 4 with shsh saved using umbrella, and jailbroken (I didnt check cydia's status) but now when I check on umbrella it says saved for this phone.

I had to take the phone to the apple store today since I was gong to exchange it for another phone (a different problem - call related)

I tried to restore a fresh copy of 4.0.1 and it didnt work, so I just upgraded it to 4.0.2.

I got my phone fix so back with the same phone (not exchanged), I am trying to downgrade to 4.0.1 with the edit in the host file on my mac with the address and I get the error "the device could not be restored and its not eligible for the requested built."

what am I doing wrong?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you POSITIVE they didn't swap out the phone? Depending on what they "fixed" (replaced) inside the phone, that could cause it to need different SHSH and thus you'd be SOL.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Are you 100% sure you got your 4.0.1 hash saved? Make sure it's not 4.0.2 which Apple is signing, and thus, anyone can get. If Yes, in tinyumbrella, click on "Start TSS Server," go into iTunes, and then, restore with 4.0.1 frimware file you downloaded. Restore should proceed as normal. If it gets stuck, try "kick phone out of recovery" in tinyumbrella.

draxz1289

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Are you POSITIVE they didn't swap out the phone? Depending on what they "fixed" (replaced) inside the phone, that could cause it to need different SHSH and thus you'd be SOL.

They did not swap it, I was right there.

OMG its such a silly mistake of mine.

The ping number for the host file was entered incorrect

I have downgraded to the phone to 4.0.1

Thanks every one

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox