Can 4.0.2 be jailbroken and unlocked on 3GS?

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Official firmware 4.0.2 can not be JB , and thus, also can not be unlock. Only way is to downgrade to 4.0.1 or below. And, if you never had your SHSH hash saved for the earlier firmware, you won't be able to downgrade on 3GS or iPhone 4. That person is trying to scam you.

speedy2056

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
no, but you can rollback 4.0.2 without shsh blobs by going to google and typing in 'jailbreak 4.0.2', going to the news tab at the top and there's an article on how to rollback.

steps only take 10 mins to complete.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
no, but you can rollback 4.0.2 without shsh blobs by going to google and typing in 'jailbreak 4.0.2', going to the news tab at the top and there's an article on how to rollback.

steps only take 10 mins to complete.

Did you read the guide? It's for 2G/3G they not use SHSH checks like 3GS and newer device.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
That's using custom firmware. To be able to do that means you phone must be pwned = accept unsigned code. Last JB that pwned a 3GS was 3.1.2. Everyone after has been userland JB. Thus, no to installing custom firmware.

And? Like I said, there is a guide to jailbreak 4.0.2.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
And? Like I said, there is a guide to jailbreak 4.0.2.

Next time, how about following along with what's in the thread, JB and unlock the "official 4.0.2 firmware?" Your post is as helpful as someone saying here's a guide, find out it's for 2G / 3G.

Last edited:

speedy2056

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you read the guide? It's for 2G/3G they not use SHSH checks like 3GS and newer device.

Read the guide??

I USED it!!...and my phone is 3GS!!

So not to start a war or anything but please don't go telling me that it doesn't work when I have the living proof in front of me.

If in doubt, just follow the guide and see for yourself.

Edit: since I can now post links, here is the guide:

Downgrade iPhone 4, 3GS from iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 Without SHSH Blobs Saved [Guide] | Redmond Pie

Jeez, even the guide SAYS 3GS at the top!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Read the guide??

I USED it!!...and my phone is 3GS!!

So not to start a war or anything but please don't go telling me that it doesn't work when I have the living proof in front of me.

If in doubt, just follow the guide and see for yourself.

Edit: since I can now post links, here is the guide:

Downgrade iPhone 4, 3GS from iOS 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 Without SHSH Blobs Saved [Guide] | Redmond Pie

Jeez, even the guide SAYS 3GS at the top!! :rolleyes:

The author:

First sentence: "Ok guys let me clear this upfront. I haven?t tested this method yet, but by the looks of it, there is no reason why it shouldn?t work."

Update: "Ok guys, I know I took a little long to provide this update but this was because I was thoroughly testing this method to see if it really works. After trying it out on my iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad, I can confirm that this at least didn?t worked for me. But then again I got lots of messages from Twitter and email from users who said that they got it working on iPhone 3GS and all. But at least in all my tests, it didn?t work for me even on an iPhone 3GS."

Now, let me explain why people may luckily get it to work:
1) Notice step guide #8: "Add the 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com line to the host file." That tricks Itunes into contacting Cydia server instead of Apple's servers. Do you know why? Hint: SHSH hashes.
2) Here's the important thing. Saurik, Cydia guy, says about it: It seems that more shsh are on file and even some of you that havent ever jailbroken and just got a new iphone may actually have an shsh on file. It?s definitely worth a try to set up Saurik?s signature server in your hosts file and try to restore that way. You may get lucky and get a downgrade even on a new device.

Once again, there is no magic / trick to downgrade without SHSH hashes saved on 3GS or IP4.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Next time, how about following along with what's in the thread, JB and unlock the "official 4.0.2 firmware?" Your post is as helpful as someone saying here's a guide, find out it's for 2G / 3G.

The guide is for 3gs and another is for the iphone 4. I started the thread so my posts are in tune with the thread's subject.

Can 4.0.2 be jailbroken and unlocked on 3GS?
There is a guy in my area claiming he can unlock that. Is that true?

It is true, but this guy I took my iphone to jb and unlocked a 3gs with a new bootrom and no shsh saved so I am still looking for anyone that knows how he did it.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The unofficial release of PwnageTool for jailbreaking iOS 4.0.2 is now out in the wild. It can jailbreak iPhone 3GS (with old bootrom only) using iOS 4.0.2 custom firmware.

UPDATE 1 (September 5, 2010): The guide above has been updated. If it didn?t work for you previously, you might like to give another go at it. I have tested it and can confirm that it works on my iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) on iOS 4.0.2.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
It is true, but this guy I took my iphone to jb and unlocked a 3gs with a new bootrom and no shsh saved so I am still looking for anyone that knows how he did it.

Going called it BS. Post above clearly says only old bootrom, but you say works even on new bootrom 3GS. Huh? Dev team, Saurik and so on states otherwise. And, once again pwnagetool => custom firmware can only be installed on pwned iPhone. Last JB that pwned was 3.1.2. Every JB after won't pwned the phone. That's why, if I choose to, my 3.0 3GS can install custom a 4.0.2 while my 4.0 IP4 wouldn't.

Seriously, who's going to listen to random poster vs what people in know how, Dev team, Saurik and so on, says otherwise?

Last edited:

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Going called it BS. Dev team, Saurik and son states otherwise. And, once again pwnagetool => custom firmware can only be installed on pwned iPhone. Last JB that pwned was 3.1.2. Every JB after won't pwned the phone. That's why, if I choose to, my 3.0 3GS can install custom 4.0.2 while my 4.0 IP4 can't.

Seriously, who's going to listen to random poster vs what people in know how, Dev team and so on,'says otherwise?

They aren't the only people in the world that hack the iphone, but you won't believe me anyways. I posted to find answers, not to be challenged and have to defend myself. If there is an ignore option at this forum I will add you to it.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
They aren't the only people in the world that hack the iphone, but you won't believe me anyways. I posted to find answers, not to be challenged and have to defend myself. If there is an ignore option at this forum I will add you to it.

Find it hard to believe some guy out there finds a way and doesn't tell the world. His business would increase 1000x easily. And, please ignore me. Also, suggest people ignore this guy too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2