The differences of various jailbreak methods

matthirst

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering, how would a, say iPhone 3GS on 3.1.3, jailbroken with Spirit, differ from the same iPhone, still on 3.1.3, but jailbroken with jailbreakme?

Is it essentially the same thing, or are completely different things done internally? If the latter, does that mean it could affect other things, performance, battery life etc? Just curious.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering, how would a, say iPhone 3GS on 3.1.3, jailbroken with Spirit, differ from the same iPhone, still on 3.1.3, but jailbroken with jailbreakme?

Is it essentially the same thing, or are completely different things done internally? If the latter, does that mean it could affect other things, performance, battery life etc? Just curious.

They use different userland exploits which could cause certain issues. Read up on the possible problems. But, the end result is the same in that they both can JB and install Cydia on your phone.

First off, I dont believe that you can jailbreak a device running 3.1.3 with jailbreakme.com

The exploit exist on firmware version 3.1.2 and newer. Thus, it will work on 3.1.3.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR