Iphone 3gs loses signal

Archtronics

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey

Basicly I have Jailbroken and unlocked a Iphone 3gs on the os 4.0 software to use with an orange simcard.

All was fine and the phone was working well however after a while the signal completely dropped and I was unable to make calls yet I still had 3g internet, so I put the sim back in my old phone to check it worked and it had full signal. I then put it back in the iphone and it suddenly now had full signal again, this seems to fix it but its hardly ideal solution so any ideas on how I can Prevent this or fix it from the iphone itself.

thanks

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I too have the same problem mate.I'm jb but locked to orange. The iphone is known for it's signal issues. It's just something you learn to live with. I have learnt to live with it...try holding the phone around the middle and dont grip it too tightly as the antenna i believe is at the bottom of the phone and not the top.

Sorry I don't have any better answers for a quick fix.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Sounds to me like the phone is not officially unlocked. what was it locked to originally? you might want to contact your original provider.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
double check. was it originally pay as you go or on contract?

if you have had it for more than a year on o2 contract then they should be able to unlock it officially for you free of charge.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner