Cydia theme icons not working

boostd

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I have downloaded a few different themes that are compatible with ios4. Nothing really works for the themes other than the background. Im assuming i will here responses that it is not compatible but just wondering. The themes say compatible with ios4. Im running a iphone 4 if that makes a difference. any suggestions?

djhack1639

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
same problem

I am experiencing the same problem - winterboard themes do not seem to be applying the icons. Apps are changed (dialer, mms, etc), but not the icons. Most other winterboard changes seem to be working fine.

3GS
iOS 4.0.1
Jailbreakme.com jailbreak

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Reason they don't apply is because the apps have newer specific names to the image file. It ain't "Fandango.png" anymore. And you have to replace the old .png file with the new one in the app's original folder which you can find via SSH or better iFile. Find the App's folder and find the file that represents the icon image, add a "1" at the end of the original file's name or just delete it. Then add the new icon you want for it in the folder and use the previous name you saw in the file you renamed or deleted. For the default device apps, the icon's name is "icon@2x.png". For AppStore apps or any other third party apps, the name can vary depending on what the developer named it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73