Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Iphone 4 bricked on Day1

I bought an Iphone 4 2 days ago. I used jailbreakme to jailbreak and ultrasnow to unlock the carrier. The jailbreak went fine but the phone got bricked during the unlocking process (probably coz I had an inactive sim in the phone). The technical support at Apple store did a force restore on the phone.

Now, the phone is working fine but I'm just worried if something is wrong with the phone as it was bricked on the first day itself. Should I get a replacement?

Or is the forced restore is like a "format" for a computer, once you do it everything is fine? Maybe its my first iphone and thats why I worrying too much. Any advice from the pros of unlocking/jailbreaking will help me.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone Beginner

90 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Wow... You really must be VERY new to this community. A "forced restore" means they put it in DFU mode and restored it. Jailbreaking is a software hack. As soon as you restore an iPhone it is EXACTLY the same as a factory iPhone. You are just fine dude. Do some reading on these forums.