Need help: Can't use basic phone functions after trouble with CallMe

0815-iphoneuser

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 2G (OS 3.0) and used to be very fond of the CallMe-app (installed from Cydia) which displays contacts' faces on the home screen as speed dial buttons.

Yesterday I tried to delete one of those contacts and ever since I cannot

- check my mails (opens mail application but goes back to home screen after trying to open specific e-mails)
- open contacts (every click on "contacts"-button will take me back to the home screen within seconds)
- call contacts (every click on "phone" will take me back to the home screen within seconds)

What still does work: Safari, Calender (though I am no longer 'reminded' of events), camera etc.

All that I have tried so far (except for failing to find a proper response to my exact problem) is to delete CallMe via Cydia (the app's button has then disappeared but the contacts' speed dial buttons remain...) and to sync my contacts with Outlook (what I have never done before, meaning I would lose all my contacts if I don't find a solution to this problem... stupid, I know...) - but that didn't work: after backing up the phone iTunes said that it couldn't sync contacts because the phone had been disconnected (which, obviously, it hadn't). Now I can't even tell if the contacts are included in the backup or not.

I'm a little lost/anxious.

Can anyone help me?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh