Font swap no longer working......???

rayza

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
i have an iphone 3gs was on 3.1.3 and i jailbroke using spirit. it worked fine then i updated it to 4.0.1 and jailbroke it and it works fine still but now font swap (downloaded from cydia) does not work on changing system fonts. it works on the clock but nothing else. i deleted this and tried it again but still no joy. is there another font swap tool out there or is this just not compatable with 4.0.1???
if anyone knows anythig bout this please let me no
thanks
grant
:):):):)

JP_McMe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Same issue...no resolution yet

I have the same issue with FontSwap (no system fonts, just lockclock). I've searched and there isn't a fix available yet. Just waiting for an update i suppose. Post if you find it before I do...I'll do the same. Thanks

3GS
Old bootrom
Jailbreakme.com

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
For the time being...you have to find the font that you want to use that's been ported for iOS4 and you have to change it manually.

Quoted from another forum
Right, the system font on the iP4 is, Helvetica and HelveticaNeue. They are both .ttc files.

These two files are located: /System/Library/Fonts/Cache

What you need to do is SSH in and copy these two files and create back-ups. Then find an iP4 ported font, rename the two files so they say 'Helvetica.ttc' and 'HelveticaNeue.ttc' - make sure you name the fonts correctly.

Then literally drag the the new fonts into /System/Library/Fonts/Cache and overwrite the existing Helvetica files and respring the device. You now have a new system font.

If you look below, I'm using, Neutraface 2.

67734fef.jpg

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
For the time being...you have to find the font that you want to use that's been ported for iOS4 and you have to change it manually.

Quoted from another forum

67734fef.jpg

How did you get a Retina BiteSMS icon? Did they update? How did you get biteSMS quick reply window to be gray? and where did you get your font from?

Last edited:

jeffnucci

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Nevermind. I went looking around. It's the Matte UI Graphite tweak and you don't have an i4 and thats why your biteSMS icon looks sharp. Your font works because you are on an iPhone 3G(S). Ehh I just want NeutrafaceTwo on my iP4...

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Nevermind. I went looking around. It's the Matte UI Graphite tweak and you don't have an i4 and thats why your biteSMS icon looks sharp. Your font works because you are on an iPhone 3G(S). Ehh I just want NeutrafaceTwo on my iP4...

Actually, that is a retina biteSMS icon, those are screen shots from an iPhone 4 ;) bite updated for retina display a week or two ago, they updated to be compatible with facebook this morning.

The matte ui has not been updated...but it does theme 99% of the iPhone 4. I also have biteSMS graphics that were made for the retina display...mostly you just need to double the size and add @2x to the end of it, put them in the correct folder and they will work ;)

If you look a little harder you will see the size of the screenshots are 2X as big as a 3GS screenshot and the icons are still sharp.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2