Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Red face jailbreakong 3gs on 4.0

- I have 3gs on 4.0 stuck on "slide for emergency" screen.
    - I don't have SHSH blobs for any firmware.
    How I can jailbreak it. I could jailbreak it with new jailbreak that Comex released (you have to visit JailbreakMe.com for jailbreak from your iDevice), but I can't even get to safari. Help Please
    iPhone Intermediate

132 Posts

In order to use the new jailbreak the device needs to be activated already. Meaning you need an official sim card from the carrier the phone is locked.
    iPhone Newbie

13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Relay

Then how to jailbreak an iPhone 3GS, even a iPhone 4? You need some software like PwnageTool 4.0 to helps you get the target.

PwnageTool is an iPhone jailbreaking application for Mac OS X that creates custom iPhone OS firmware images to user-defined specifications. Follow the steps you can successfully jailbreak an iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and more..
    iMore Intermediate

380 Posts
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

You should be able to get past that "Slide for Emergency" call screen by connecting it to iTunes and running thru the normal setup process, even without a SIM card. I have done this with both my old 3G, as well as a new iPhone 4 (the iPhone 4 has a SIM card in it, but not yet activated as I have not gone thru the AT&T web-site based activation process).

Once I actually got to the home screen on the phone, I set the phone to Airplane mode so it would not keep saying it was "Waiting for Activation"