Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts

Default Jailbreak broke MMS

So, my friend with an iPhone 4 told me about the jailbreak just released, as he keeps up to date more than I do with this stuff. Anyway, went through the process, and now I lost the MMS ability on my phone. The front page mentions breifly

"Update 2: If you decide to run this jailbreak tool please note that Engadget has managed to brick their iPhone. So please, proceed with caution. Other users are reporting this breaking MMS along with FaceTime and that it is not working on the iPad."

and I'm wondering if anyone has found a fix or anything yet. Scanned through the first few pages, but couldn't find any topics that provided useful information. Thanks a ton

Edit: This is on an iPhone 4, I was running 4.0 iOS when I did the jailbreak, but afterwords upgraded to 4.0.1.
    iPhone Newbie

31 Posts

This happened to me. The only way I could mms back was to restore the phone as a new phone. Not from back up.
    iPhone Beginner

83 Posts

Comex thinks he has a solution, hold tight.

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Try the solution in the link above.