Flame Me, Yell or Scream at me-- Just Help Me

mattp343

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Alright this is the deal...I tried reading some of the stickies but I feel my situation is slightly more peculiar than most so here goes the facts:

---

I want to use an iPhone on T-Mobile Service

I have an iPhone 3GS which I just bought from a friend.

Said iPhone was "restored" and is NOT running any particular hardware/firmware/software/what-ever-the-hell-it's-called-ware

I HAVE NOT Upgraded to OiS 4.0.1 (On iTunes, it says I need to Update/Restore)

I WANT TO Jailbreak this iPhone as well as Unlock it.

---

So now it's your turn to school me, flame me, tell me how stupid and ugly I am, that I'm a horrible typer and I'll never go anywhere in life...Just help me fix this mother F****** situation. Thank you, and good bye.

mattp343

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The guy I bought it from had it jailbroken previously, yes. But restored everything before he gave it to me.

Currently, I'm in the process of downloading 3.1.2 so hopefully I can update it that way-- then go from there.

mattp343

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Just tried to Restore to 3.1.2 -- Said there was an error

Unless this gets taken care of soon, I will make my way to the nearest tall structure and investigate the aerodynamic properties of the iPhone 3GS.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Need a bit more info, was it previously jailbroken and did he backup his SHSH blobs?

Ask him if when he ran Cydia a while back, did it ask him to "Make my life easier" and, if it did, did he say YES..

If he did, I can give you a step by step guide on how to downgrade, jailbreak and unlock your device.

If he didn't or cant remember, then you're boned until the new Jailbreak and Unlock tool comes out, which @comex keeps saying is "coming soon"

bigbud7

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Need a bit more info, was it previously jailbroken and did he backup his SHSH blobs?

Ask him if when he ran Cydia a while back, did it ask him to "Make my life easier" and, if it did, did he say YES..

If he did, I can give you a step by step guide on how to downgrade, jailbreak and unlock your device.

If he didn't or cant remember, then you're boned until the new Jailbreak and Unlock tool comes out, which @comex keeps saying is "coming soon"

I would like to know that step by step guidance m8 cause i have an issue with those shsh blobs no idea what is the exact procedure if we have saved our blobs

mattp343

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

As you can probably tell, neither me or I guy I bought it from are really knowledgeable when it comes to this kinda stuff...With that said, however, the way he explained it to me is that we can just plug it back into his computer and restore it with one of his old saves/backups.

What do you guys think? Simple enough?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
@Mattp343

Restoring from backup has nothing to do with ur shsh blobs. As Wiltron said, you are stuck till a jb for 4.0 is released.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a reason you don't want to use 4.0.1? Because it sounds like you can just update in iTunes, jailbreak w/jailbreakme.com, and unlock using ultrasnow in Cydia. No need to mess around with restore, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro