Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

Default Problems synching apps after Jailbreak

I have a 3GS running OS 4.0 jailbroken with Pawnage tool. Everything seems normal except that iTunes is acting really weird when I try to synch my apps.

When I plug my phone into iTunes and click on the "apps page", instead of seeing a screen shot of my iPhone showing all of the apps I have installed, iTunes shows a blank page. The wallpaper of my phone is displayed, but the rest of the phone is completely blank (no apps, not even the default apps or dock apps like the phone, iPod, email, SMS, calendar, etc). When I tried synching my phone, iTunes rearranged all of my paid apps in alphabetical order. I then rearranged them and tried synching again, only to find the iTunes had put them back into alphabetical order again. ITunes wouldn't recognize any of the folders that I created either. Each time I synched the phone, my folders would be deleted.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? I read this article on MacWorld where the guy reviewing iOS 4 (and those who left comments) had the same problem with their stock (unjailbroken) iPhone so, I think its a iTunes problem as opposed to a jailbreak problem.

From MacWorld article: "I did experience one issue where, after creating a number of folders in iTunes, and then syncing my iPhone with iTunes, all the folders disappeared and my apps were rearranged (on the phone) in alphabetical order—an incident that required quite a bit of time and effort to recover from."