Can someone tell me why it is so hard to jailbreak 3gs mc models with ios4

bigbud7

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Since they managed to jailbreak iphone 3g ios4 and also showing us that they managed to jailbreak iphone 4 too why they dont release the jailbreak for the 3gs new bootrom and mc models without shsh blobs... i think the way things going they wont even show interest for the 3gs since it starts getting old too... ((((((

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
First, the MC model thing doesn't apply to iPhones, only iPod Touches. I know it doesn't because my 3gs is an MC model and I have the old bootrom and jailbroken iOS 4.

Second, if I'm not mistaken the problem lies in the iPhone 3GS new bootrom. All the jailbreaks EXCEPT for Spirit are jailbreaks at the bootrom or boot loader. Apple introduced the new bootrom as an attempt to prevent jailbreaking. I think Spirit jailbroke the operating system after the boot, it's called a userland jailbreak. Spirit circumvents Apple's attempt at the new bootrom.*

@comex is working on a new userland jailbreak a la Spirit that should take care of the 3GS new bootrom.

*(I may have mis-spoke some of this but I'm fairly certain it's accurate enough to have the right idea.)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2