Blackra1n help

dannysdad

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I need some help. I've got a 3GS and am running 3.12. I used blackra1n to jailbreak my phone. In order to reboot past recovery mode, I have to plug it to my computer and run blackra1n. I deleted itunes, not realizing that I needed it to run blackra1n. I reinstalled itunes with 9.2. I hate itunes. Now, I can't reboot with blackra1n.

My wish is to have a jailbroken iphone without having to connect to a computer to reboot it. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you're using the newest version of Blackra1n. There was a fix for Blackra1n and iTunes which I uploaded in a similar thread here on tipb (just takes some searching to find it).

Once you're up and running again, you might want to consider restoring to 3.1.2 (you'll need to locate that and follow the steps carefully) and then jailbreaking with Spirit, which provides an untethered j/b.

dannysdad

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Alli. I tried the "fix" and it didn't work. Maybe, because I have itunes 9.2 and not 9.1? Can I assume that I have to back everything up before I restore to 3.1.2? Is there no way to do an untethered reboot without blackra1n? Thanks for your help.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
With the new bootrom, there is no way to do an untethered reset. Is your phone working at this point or are you stuck on the reset screen?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Now might be a good idea to backup your shsh, do some upgrading...do some downgrading...and then re-jailbreak with Spirit, which will give you an untethered jailbreak.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2