Help - Native Messenger not working

gould44

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
-Had jailbroken phone 3.1.2 using Blackra1n.
-Downloaded an SMS alternative through Cydia --- (didn't like it) uninstalled it.
-Native messenger no longer working -- I can compose a message and send it but it will not be received and I do not receive any messages.
- Forgot which app I downloaded from Cydia
- I restored iphone to Firmware 3.1.2
However, the native messenger still does not work (it it turned on in general settings). Looking for any suggestions. Seems like even with a restore there is residual code left over from jailbreak process??? Should I upgrade to 4.0?? How to completely wipe phone to original factory settings?

Thanks.:confused:

gould44

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to mention that I have a new computer(old one crashed)
downloaded iTunes 9 and could not sync old files. Still messenger
does not work. ?? Help.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Then do a restore in iTunes to 4.0. That should fix the issue. If not, take it to apple for an exchange if u still have warranty left.

gould44

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
No Luck

I upgraded from 3.1.2 to 4.01 and still no luck with messenger app working. All the other apps work. Its not a hardware issue. I still have residual code left behind from jailbreak (I think??). Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If u restored and didn't sync from backup then there isn't any jailbreak info on the phone. Ur best bet is to take it to Apple for an exchange v

gould44

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Weird

I have upgraded to 4.01 from 3.1.2(jailbroken) without syncing from backup and messenger app still will not work. I also tried two other apps (textPlus and Textfree) and these will also not send or receive from my iphone??

gould44

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Fixed!!!

Figured it out. A friend of mine said to call AT&T. They had accidentally removed texting from our family plan. Now its working -- but cant easily jailbreak on 4.01.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox