Recovering old contacts after restore

Bonapartist

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to help I found on this board, I just recently restored my Iphone 3G 8gb after having some serious issues with a MiWi installation which basically bricked the phone.

First off, I'm doing this from my brother's laptop, so he has some stuff on from his Ipod. When Itunes asked me if I wanted to sync everything from Itunes to the newly restored phone, I said no to everything and let it go. Now when I look at my phone my contacts are completely empty! I assumed it would just read the contacts off the SIM and construct from there, but it's empty. What can I do?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If ur contacts are saved on ur sim card u can import them. Go to Settings>Mail, Contants and Calenders> Import sim contacts

Bonapartist

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Rdiddy 25, may you live to a hundred.

Thank you so much!

Weird though, it's like it recovered my contacts from december of last year or something, there's some missing, but all of the important ones are right there. Thanks!

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone does not store newly created contacts on the sim. You need to sync it to outlook or google or something like tha lt to truly back them up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner