don't have the correct SIMCARD

noobreaker

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
i have problem with my iphone. i got it 2nd hand and unfortunately 1st owner set some security code that made my SIM blocked. I tried to restore it using iTunes but now it saying that SIM CARD is not valid. looks like my iphone locked to AT&T again and the problem is i don't have any valid SIM.

is there a way to unlock my phone?:(

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
That's tough to answer with what you provided.

The long answer is possibly. You'll need to "hacktivate it" using pwnagetool (if you're on a Mac) or sn0wbreeze (if you're on a pc) or but we won't know if you can until we know what type of phone you have.

Is it a 2G, 3G, or a 3GS?

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Also will need to know what Baseband and Firmware you're running..

The problem is, is if you've bought a locked iPhone, and you're not using the correct SIM to the provider it is locked too, it won't let you get to the "Plug into iTunes to activate" screen.

I had this same issue. However, things may have changed, so I'll include the same instructions I followed, and hope they work for you.

First, restore your phone using an old firmware (3.1.2, or 3.1.3)

Download Blackra1n
If you have iTunes 9.1.2 or higher, download Blackrain Fix from iH8Sn0w
Fix your Blackra1n file, if nessessary

Plug phone into computer, and run Blackra1n - this should hacktivate it and allow you to bypass the iTunes "Insert Correct SIM" screen.

To restore using a specific firmware, download 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 onto your computer from FelixBruns. Then, add the following line to your hosts file, located in your windows directory, then System32\Drivers\ETC\
Code:
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Lastly, hold SHIFT and click the "RESTORE" button in iTunes and select the firmware file you downloaded above.

Please be aware though, this custom restore function will only work if the previous owner added his SHSH blobs to the Cydia source when he jailbroke it. If he didn't, you're boned and will have to wait until the jailbreak and unlock solution comes out, which is expected at the end of July 2010 for 4.01.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe that the new Spirit will work as well, in place of Blackra1n - but I don't know if it will hacktivate it..

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Spirit does not hactivate, requires a valid sim not at sos screen.

Its really premature to recommend tools, how to downgrade without knowing if it is a 3G, a 3GS, or even a 2G. He could brick his phone using the wrong tools on the wrong model and you all should know that much at least if you have jailbroken a phone.

My suggestion: Wait for the OP to come back with more information first