Some questions about jailbreaking (3G, iOS 4.0)
- Is this even possible? (if so, point me to reputable instructions)
- Do the jailbroken multitasking and wallpaper apps cost any money?
- How easy is it to go back to iOS 4.0 (or the previous iOS)?
- If I do unjailbreak it, do I lose all of my pictures and music?
- I read on the guide to jailbreaking on reddit that turning off my phone unjailbreaks it? True? I turn my phone off at work to avoid the temptation of getting it out and getting fired, so if this is true, it is a concern.
- How do I update my music once I jailbreak it?
- 07-21-2010, 09:33 PM #2
- 07-21-2010, 10:45 PM #4iPhone Intermediate
- 132 Posts
Then I would recommend reading through the threads. I'm sure every single one of your questions has been answered before. Now maybe not in one nice neat thread like you created here but it has pretty much all been covered.
Use the search function, here or google, and look up redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, iphone dev team, ih8sn0w, comex, musclenerd, or planetbeing. You'll get so much info you won't know what to do with it and probably come back and start another thread that's already been covered - but we'll cover that later.
- 07-22-2010, 12:44 AM #6
- 07-22-2010, 04:44 AM #7
- 07-22-2010, 09:25 AM #9
- 07-22-2010, 01:12 PM #10
- 07-22-2010, 04:05 PM #11
- 07-25-2010, 05:43 AM #12
- 07-25-2010, 10:32 AM #13