Plus Symbol in front of Number?

james048a

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
First not sure if this is the right place to post this, but since im Jailbroken i place this question here.

I am jailbroken on 3G running 3.1.2 My problem is the my numbers are showing up the the plus symbol in front of my number "+1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx" When im SMS'g i have an app that reads messages out loud, but the plus symbol (+1) keeps it from reading the name of contact and reads the number. Is there a way to turn off the + in front of the 1 and just show "1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx"?

Thanks for any info anyone has

james048a

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
wanted to follow up to post as i did more looking into it. I found that only my SMS messages are showing the + in front of the number and not when i get a call or contact list. But need to find a way to disable that in SMS

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Go into your iPhone settings, then Phone and near the bottom turn OFF International Assist. That will get rid of the +.

james048a

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Go into your iPhone settings, then Phone and near the bottom turn OFF International Assist. That will get rid of the +.

Thanks but I already did that. Even turned off international data roaming. Something else is keeping it on. Could have the jailbreak have coused it to be on? Is there away to manually set it, if I open ssh?

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you had international assist on when you entered numbers, the + is "hardwired" into the contacts. The only way to remove it will be to manually delete it on a per contact basis.

james048a

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
If you had international assist on when you entered numbers, the + is "hardwired" into the contacts. The only way to remove it will be to manually delete it on a per contact basis.

Thanks, i will try that today and see if that works. It was on the time i entered the numbers. Since it is off i will re-enter the contacts info. I will let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73